11/19/10

Halloween at Hogwarts

Most people celebrate Halloween by trick-or-treating or going to parties. My roomies and I celebrated Halloween by going to Hogwarts. Yes, we went to Hogwarts. Funny thing is, Hogwarts wasn't very far away, just an hour and a half ride to Ogden. After we traveled up a mountain, followed a twisty road, and navigated through the forest of vehicles, we found Hogwarts.

As we entered, we were greeted by the Weasley twins who warned us about the mean old hag in the painting. Shortly after, we met her. It was not a pleasant experience. Then, Snape approached us quizzing us about potions. We passed and were finally able to enjoy the festivities at Hogwarts. My roomies and I played some quittich (it was actually a zip-line with people throwing foam balls at us). Then we sampled some butter beer. Professor Lupin (who actually was Chrissy's brother) taught us how to fight a Bogart.

Then we waited in a long line to get our fortunes told. I had my palm read. My fortune was interesting. But as we left the hippie bus, we were dragged into the Forbidden Forest where we came face to face with Voldemort.

Voldemort scared us so much, my roomies and I decided we needed to head out of Hogwarts as quick as possible. We hurried back to my car and drove into the night, ending our Hogwarts Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. That must have been fun!
    I didn't know that Voldemort had the same name in French and English. I don't know if JK Rowling knows French, she probably does, but Voldemort in French would mean something like "Flight of Death". I don't think it makes much sense, but you get the idea! haha.
    It's just like Professor Lupin, his name comes from the latin root "lupus" which means "wolf". I love it when you can guess the character's personality with his/her name, it fascinates me!
    Anyway. I'm glad you had fun! It's too bad not a lot of people celebrate Halloween in France.

    ReplyDelete