2/14/11

Fruits and Chocolate

Since today is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share an experience my roomie and I had with chocolate. I mean Valentine's= chocolate right?


It all started with oreo truffles (or as my roommates say, oreo balls). After I brought some home from a date the previous week, my roomies had been begging for more, so Jiff and I decided to make some. But there was one problem: I can't melt chocolate. I honestly burnt three batches of chocolate. So finally Jiffer took over and melted some chocolate, only we had too much milk chocolate left over. And of course, we can't let chocolate go to waste, so we started to look for things to dip in the chocolate. What we found-- kiwis and oranges. Our unorthodox dipping fruits were not as scrumptious as say, oh I don't know, strawberries. But they did the job. Who knows, maybe chocolate-covered kiwis are the Valentine's delight of the future. Umm, probably not. But it was a college adventure. One of the many.

1 comment:

  1. I'll definitely try that next week. Some friends are coming over for a movie night, we are going to make crepes and a chocolate "fondue" !

    ReplyDelete