4/15/11

Sometimes, writing in a blog is difficult. I mean, what exactly should I write about? Should it be a place where I expound on my extremely complex and profound thoughts on philosophical issues? Or a satirical outlet? Maybe I should share the mundane comings and goings of a college freshman, soon to be sophomore? No, no, that won't do. I mean, I actually want people to read this blog. Hmmm...

Sometimes, I just don't know what to do about my blog.

Today, I was effectively procrastinating studying for finals (I still am) by stalking-- I mean "following"-- people's blogs. Out of pure curiosity, I decided to check on a friend from high school's, Tucker Denton, blog. I had been hearing interesting things about his blog, critical acclaims from old friends and such. So I had to give it a look myself. Thus, an almost two hour laugh-fest started as I read his satirical thoughts on life at good ole BYU. Honestly, if you have a moment or two, read his blog. It is quite entertaining (and that is a major understatement). But it made me look upon this blog with a pitying glance. My blog needs a makeover. No longer can it be a quaint little blog with cutesy pictures of my adventures in Provoland. No, my blog needs to be a rockstar, with cone shaped bras and bubble dresses for sure! I mean fo sho! Gosh, I've gotta spice it up!

So my new, and improved blog was born in one of the strangest places imaginable-- the bathtub. My first post: the funny interactions I have with my roomies during my bath-time. It was witty, it was hilarious... okay, it was a wreck. My punchlines? lacking. My anecdotes? boring and kind of gross. No one wants to hear the conversations that go on as one of my roommates takes a dump while I am in the tub. Or maybe they do, which, not gonna lie, kind of weirds me out. So my first attempt was a failure. Not fit to print (or post, but the rhyming sounds better).

So here I was, sitting in the bathtub, depressed at the poor state of my little blog when a marvelous thought popped in my head. Let the people decide!!!! I mean we live in a democracy right? So ladies and gents, I put my blog in your hands. What do you want to read? Funny insights into the life of a college ginger? Updates on my oh so exciting existence? Pictures and descriptions of my impressive collection of shoes? You decide.

May the force be with you.

1 comment:

  1. I kinda was looking forward to the bathroom story. For some reason, anything that happens on a linoleum floor is automatically amusing.

    ReplyDelete