6/18/10

The Next Chapter

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is Youer than You."- Dr. Seuss

Today I turn 18 years old. Yeah, that's right, 18!! A whole new world of options has opened itself unto me. I can buy cigarettes (which I won't), buy spray paint (unlikely), get tried as an adult (hopefully that won't happen), and pet the puppies at the pet store (very very VERY likely). Already this morning I got several happy birthday posts on Facebook from my friends and I suspect I will have a lot more before the day is through. But the highlight of my birthday will be the road trip I'm taking with my mother to Utah.

Yes, road trip. Not only am I turning 18 today, I am also moving to Bountiful to work at my uncle's company over the summer. So I'm driving me and my stuff to Utah to stay. Figure it'll sound cool and rebellious when I tell people, "Oh yeah, you know, I moved out of my house the day I turned 18." Hehe. I plan to make this road trip relaxing and fun. No worries, even though we have to be in Provo tomorrow by 1pm for Colorguard auditions. I want to stop at scenic areas and take pictures. I want to eat at my favorite restaurants that are on the road to Utah. I want to sing and talk about nothing with my mama for hours on end. Basically, I want a birthday that kicks last year's birthday into oblivion.

No comments:

Post a Comment