6/26/10

Road Trip- June 18-19

I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move- Robert Louis Stevenson


Shortly after I finished my last post I loaded up my belongings into my purple '94 Honda Civic. Between Mom and I, we had 5 bags, plus a tote full of entertainment stuff we set in the back seat. We kept making runs into the house for items we almost forgot (ex. phone and camera charger, blow-dryer). I said my last goodbyes to my still half-asleep sister Brooke, grabbed the big bag of Jolly Ranchers Tay and Anna got me, and was finally ready to head out. Mom pulled out of the driveway and the garage door slowly closed shut. It was goodbye to my gray brick house until December. My birthday breakfast was none other than Starbucks. Mom ordered 2 venti peppermint hot chocolates. It was divinely delicious, so much that I could only drink about half before I was full.
Our first stop on my birthday road trip was the Outlets at Anthem. It was fashion bliss!!!! They had a Tommy Hilfiger outlet. So of course I went in and tried on almost their entire selection of clothes. In the end I bought a short-sleeved argyle sweater and some jeans, but nothing could compare to my happiness at being in a Tommy Hilfigir store. Afterwards, we went to Clavin Klein and bought some jeweled-color button-down shirts (Debbie Forrest would approve). Then, we checked out Ann Taylor where we found a darling coral cardigan on clearance. Overall, Anthem was a success and I was on a fashion high after buying such cute clothes.
Our next stop was Flagstaff where we had lunch at Fratelli's pizza. I always try to go to Fratelli's because it is the first place where I tried pesto pizza. So Mom and I got the slice special of a slice of pesto pizza, a salad, and a drink. We then sat down in the dark, bar-like dining area and watch the World Cup on the flat screens. The pizza was delish but not as good as the pesto pizza my family makes at home. Maybe we should start a pizza joint... nah.
At 6pm, we arrived in Kanab, Utah. We decided to stay at the Four Seasons Motel, which turned out to be a mistake. The word that comes to mind when thinking of the hotel is seedy. To make it worse, there was a bus-full of college age kids staying there too. And dinner at Escobar's was just okay. But me and Mom laughed off the mediocreness of our situation and enjoyed the small town novelty of Kanab. Here are a few pictures I took with my amazing new camera:













After an okay sleep, we rose, showered and was on the road again by 7am. We admired the quaintness of the small towns along the 89 but as cute as they were, I was asleep within the hour. I slept all the way to Beaver, Utah! But after I woke up, Mom and I talked and listened to talks on tape. There was one talk by Joni Morrison that was SO funny! I was afraid we were going to drive off the road because we were crying so hard!!! I know I couldn't see anything. Finally we made it to Provo and the nerves began to set in...

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized Im in your post! I hope you enjoyed the jolly ranchers! Can't wait to play with your new camera

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Four Seasons, that's where I stayed when I went to Flagstaff !

    ReplyDelete