9/29/10

The Daily Universe

Before today, I had never picked up a copy of The Daily Universe, the student newspaper at BYU.

I feel guilty. That's mostly because of my Mom.

We were having one of our late night talks, when my mother asked if I read the Daily Universe. I replied that I hadn't. Then I heard her gasp.

"You don't read The Daily Universe?" my mother asked incredulously. "Sarah, think of all those Journalism students slaving away to make this paper and you don't even read it!"

Something in my heart twisted. I never thought about all the work those kids put into creating one issue of The Daily Universe. I mean, getting a newspaper ready to print is a tough, stressful process. I would know. Rory Gilmore was a journalist for the Yale paper. Therefore, I saw the craziness of the newsroom everyday from my television set as I eagerly watched Gilmore Girls. The idea of all their hard work going to naught because of me was angrily poking me in the back.

So today, I picked up a copy. Thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment