10/6/10

Conference- LIVE

Living in Utah has it's benefits.

One such benefit is that I actually got to go the conference center in Salt Lake City to see the Saturday Afternoon Session of the 180th General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  Yeah, I was there! My dad and brother got tickets back at home and were going to come to Utah, but they postponed the trip for a week, meaning those tickets went to me. So I grabbed my cousin, Janet, and went.

Luckily, the traffic wasn't too bad. It was a little scary at times though. Especially as we approached the parking garage. Sometimes we just had to vent out our frustration, as you can see in this picture. But we eventually found a spot and made the mad dash to the conference center so Janet and I could be there by 1:30.

Conference was amazing!!! I really enjoyed the talks that were given at that session. Robert D Hales's talk was interesting since he had given a similar talk three weeks before at BYU. I was bummed that Bednar did not speak at that conference. He is my favorite apostle. But Neil L. Anderson did, and he is my second favorite apostle.

Afterwards, Janet and I roamed around Temple Square and the Church Office Building taking pictures with my camera. It was a great afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment