3/11/11

Spring is back!

It's amazing what sunlight and 50 degrees Fahrenheit can do to the BYU campus and my soul. I am sitting on the grass in front of the JKB, soaking in the sunlight and people watching. There are people everywhere: people on benches, people sleeping on the lawn, people having picnics. Life has come back to BYU.
I've missed this.
Winter was nasty. Campus was a cold, barren wasteland. Gray was the color of the day, everyday. And with all that grayness came seasonal depression. Waking up in the morning was a chore. Motivation was hard to come by. And it was all so new to me because I was an Arizona girl. Winter doesn't exist in Mesa, Arizona. So my first winter was interesting, to say the least.
But as I walked to my Calculus lab yesterday morning, I noticed something unusual. It was sunny. I have never seen the sun at 8:40 in the morning. I was either asleep (first semester) or the shy was a sallow shade of gray (second semester).  That's when I knew: Spring has arrived. In just two sunny, warm days, so much has changed. I am more happy and positive. I am getting more things done. I can finally see summer just around the corner. It is all so exciting!

So Spring, welcome back. I have surely missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment