6/3/13

The Great Wall of China

There's nothing more exciting than achieving a dream. 

So I was pretty psyched when I went to the Great Wall while I was in Beijing. It was a dream come true. I have been scheming on how to get to the Great Wall since I was a little kid and now, before I turn 21, I got to go.

And it is as amazing as everyone says. Absolutely breathtaking. 

Melissa and I took a tour through our hostel to the Mutianyu section of the Great Wall. It's a bit farther than Badaling (the popular section), but it's totally worth it. There's fewer tourists, meaning that at some points, we had the wall to ourselves. Also, there are both restored and original parts of the wall, so you get to see both sides.

To get up to the wall, we took a little ski lift up the mountainside.







After you have had your fill of exploring the wall, you can then take a toboggan back down!! Straight up the coolest thing ever.



So all my childhood travel dreams are now completed. Snap! 

Luckily, I happen to have a new list. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment