6/3/13

Thoughts from LAX

I'm back in America.

And it's my second May 30th. It's pretty funny, but when I arrive in Phoenix, it will be the exact same time I left Korea-- 8pm on May 30th, 2013. Weird, right?

I have realized that I'm SOOOOO awkward. I have to take my shoes off for security? Why are there so many African-Americans (only knew 2 in HK)? Why is everyone speaking english?

It's going to take some time getting used to American life again. I've realized that I'm kind of living a mixed cultured life-- a blend of Chinese and American customs and attitudes. And although that's totally awesome and everything I want, it kind of excludes me from both cultures. The Chinese think I'm weird when I do something American and vice-versa. 

For example, I was always accidentally cleaning up after myself at fast food restaurants in Asia (they pick up after you), but now that I'm in the US, it takes a conscious effort to throw away my trash. 

Basically, re-acclimation is going to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment