9/1/12

Alimento Para el Espíritu y el Estómago

Yes, my title is in Spanish. Why? Well, continue reading and the answer shall be manifest unto you.

This year, the BYU Colorguard is starting a new tradition. Every Saturday, the guard will get together and visit the temple(going to different temples, since there are so many so close). Today was the first day. The temple? Draper.


For me, it all started with my alarm going off at six this morning. I hit the snooze button (six is too early) and finally awoke to have one of my roommates come in and invite me to go to the temple. What a crazy random happenstance! (to understand this reference, check out Dr. Horrible's Singalong Blog, you won't regret it.) She was going to Provo so I politely declined and at 7:45, headed out to pick up some of the other girls. By 7:15, seven of the guard girls plus our drum line priesthood and our captain's roommate were on the road to Draper, Utah. 


The inside of the Draper Temple was beautiful. Like a really classy hotel. Warm toned walls with dark wood. But even better than the beautiful interior was the Spirit in the place. There is a wonderful peace in the Temple, making it a place to contemplate decisions or seek guidance. Today, I was seeking goals for the semester. And I got them. And surprisingly to me, they were spiritually based. I'll share a few.

  • Become charitable
  • Increase the amount of service I do
  • Have an open heart
This is interesting because usually my goals are more task based like start a business or go on six dates this semester. Honestly, those are a lot less daunting than my goals this semester. 

After we finished at the Temple, we all headed to Kneader's Bakery for their french toast. Let me tell you: they have good french toast. For only $5!. And you can eat as much as you want!!!!!! But there is a downside: it's really hard to get through your first two slices. Not only did I try to get through my french toast(I failed), I also tried Kneader's new White Chocolate and Berry frappe. And it was heaven. Frappes always are. As we feasted, we laughed over the guys pictures of their former haircuts and facial hair. There was almost everything--helmet head, goatees, the swoosh. It was special.



As we were driving back home, we ran into an awesome surprise. There was a Latin-American festival in downtown Provo! Since two of the girls in the car served their missions in South America, we stopped and explored the festivities. We were wondering through when we discovered the main stage, where they were doing zumba. ZUMBA!! My absolute favorite way to exercise!! So I dragged Rachel and my "little sister" Solangie onto the stage to do some zumba--in heels and skirts. Cause we cool like that. I had a blast. And doing all the steps in heels just made the experience 10x better. And we might be doing zumba in colorguard in the near future. (insert excitement sounds)

And the best part of this whole story is that it all happened before noon!

As for the title, what does it mean?

Food for the Spirit and the Stomach. 

Fitting, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment