8/14/12

Blessings in Disguise

Sometimes bad things turn out to be a blessing. Tonight was one of those moments.

I'm am officially out of the Lion House and back at Monticello. But this time, I'm no longer in Apartment 10. No, this time I'm in Apartment 12. The transition is difficult, most transitions are. On one hand, I want to jump back in to the social scene in my ward, but I also want to relax and enjoy some alone time before crazy begins with band camp. For me, this conflict=stress. Stress that I relayed to my dad today when I picked him up from the airport. So, he gave me a father's blessing which talked a lot about peace and knowing how to make the right decisions, exactly what I wanted to hear.

When I got back to Provo tonight, I went over to 10 to collect some items I'd left over there, including my dishes. Everything was good, I was climbing the last staircase to the third floor when

CRASH!

I slipped on a stair and all my dishes flew out of my arms and broke on the pavement below. I was in shock! My dishes!!! Crap!! I was so excited to have dishes, since I pretty much don't have any other kitchen stuff in my apartment yet. And now, I still have nothing, for now. And even worse, there was a witness. I did my best to play it cool and gave her an awkward smile meaning, "Can you just believe that just happened?" But honestly, I was SO embarrassed! And deflated. I was really bummed out about losing my dishes.

But that's when the awesomeness of the Provo YSA 2nd ward came in. A bunch of people came out asking if I was alright. And a few even came and helped me clean up the mess. And then we started talking. And I got someone to help me set up my wireless router (not that you really care). But good things happened. I felt that I was going to be okay. I will be able to make the transition back into the ward. I felt peace, all because I dropped some dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment