11/6/12

Pin the Tail on the Random Citizen?

I belong to the deadliest Home Evening group ever! We're so deadly that we are known as the Deadly Seventh.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, every Monday, a few kids in my apartment complex get together and do a fun activity. Usually, it's pretty short since all of us are busy college students with homework.

To make our Home Evening group a little cooler, we added a theme, "Kill with Kindness", emphasis on the kill. So our activities have an assassin, ninja, superspy feel to them. 

Like tonight. 

Location: Macey's Grocery Store

Objective: pin the clothespin to a random citizen without them knowing

After a super hunt to discover where to buy clothespins, we were ready for our mission. Landon went out first with no success. Then Brad. Finally, it was my turn. I surveyed my environment. My target, someone staring at a the rows of grocery products, so zoned in that they wouldn't notice me pinning a clothespin on them. I found that in the frozen foods section: a mom with her little kid scanning the take home pizzas. It was perfect. I casually made my way over to her, ready to strike...WAIT! Suddenly she was finished and started moving her cart. I tried to keep up with her, hoping she would stop again. But alas, she did not and I had to cut my losses. As I made my way back to my group, I spied a guy wearing a East High hoodie. Perfect. I crept up, quickly pinned him and briskly walked back to my group, trying not to bust out laughing.

Honestly, there is nothing more exhilarating than pinning someone for the first time. You feel invincible  You feel sneaky. You wonder to yourself why the CIA hasn't come begging for you to be a spy.

I had to let the other members of my group experience this marvelous experience. So we got our ice cream (50 cent cones at Macey's are AWESOME!) and my fellow Home Evening-ers started their quest to pin a random stranger.

And we were all successful. 

 On the way! We are just SOOOO excited! Especially Stephen.

 We wrote messages on our clothespin.

And we got ice cream.

Landon's victory pose after pinning his first victim.

Want to be in our Home Evening Group?

Too bad. It's exclusive.

No comments:

Post a Comment