11/2/12

Guilty Pleasures

After colorguard practice today, Nuffer and I ran to Macey's (the local grocery store) to grab some 77 cent pomegranates (cause I had one yesterday and forgot how delightful they are). Well there were no pomegranates in sight. And I might have made some impulse buys. And my night might have transformed from a serious night full of studying for midterms to a "unique" night indulging in some guilty pleasures.

Guilty Pleasure #1: Bread

More specifically French bread, from Macey's. Sophomore year, I honestly bought at least a loaf a week. Sometimes I would drive to Macey's just to grab a loaf when I craved it. It was rather sick. But I haven't bought a loaf of bread in over two months. My resolve was like stone, until tonight. I bought two loaves-- ate one of them tonight. And it was SO delicious.

Guilty Pleasure #2: Guarana

My dad served a LDS mission in Sao Paulo back in the day, so my family has been exposed to a lot of Brazilian food. One of our favorites is Guarana, a type of soda. It is muito delicioso! And Macey's had it on sale. But the selling point for me was it's secret amount of caffeine. You see, Guarana seeds have twice as much caffeine as coffee beans, yet because it's natural, caffeine is not mentioned on the bottle. It's secret caffeine!!! So I bought some and drank half the bottle, which is probably why I'm awake at 12:30 AM writing this blog post.

Guilty Pleasure #3: Chris Hemsworth

Another impulse buy tonight was a rental from the Redbox in front of Macey's. The movie? Snow White and the Huntsman. I got it because of Chris Hemsworth, but let's not lie, Charlize Theron is where it's at. She looks stunning in that movie, and positively evil. :)


Honestly, why aren't all the boys in love with her? Wait... they probably are. 

Guilty Pleasure #4: Men's Fashion Category on Pinterest

Yep, I said it. Sometimes, when I'm REALLY bored (or just need to be reassured that there ARE attractive men who dress well) I scroll through the Men's Fashion pins on Pinterest. All those tailored blazers, cable sweaters, and preppy shorts--my fashion glands are salivating. And the faces aren't bad either. There's a saying that states, "A well-tailored suit is to women as lingerie is to men." Totally agree. I'd much rather look at a man with his clothes on, especially when those clothes are Tommy Hilfiger. I mean what girl doesn't want to look at this?


Or this?


OR THIS?





Do you have any great guilty pleasures?

No comments:

Post a Comment