5/22/13

1 Week Left


After my first week in Hong Kong, I was walking to the cafeteria on campus thinking to myself, "Well, 16 more weeks to go." And that seemed like forever away.

But now, school is over and I have one week left in Asia.

And it's made me pretty sentimental.

For the past four days, I've been tearing up randomly. It started in Beijing on the bus to the Great Wall. We were passing through streets of chaos as Beijingers made their way to work and I was overwhelmed with the magic of Asia and, yeah, got a little teary-eyed. And since then, I've been a little bit of a sappy mess.

But truth is, I love Asia. I always knew I would like Asia, but it has been great to see my love confirmed.

Asia is so different from what I knew before coming here. There's a different set of rules that can make a Westerner uncomfortable. I mean, pedestrians don't have the right of way? There's TWO words for thank you in Cantonese? But if you stick with it long enough, Asia has plenty of rewards in store.

But anyway, I am being way sentimental and I really need to get off campus and take advantage of my last week in Asia.

So I'll get back to you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment