12/18/12

Bus Rides and Gold Spandex

Hello everyone!

I am sitting in my king size bed at the Paradise Point hotel in San Diego!!! And I feel like I should be on my honeymoon or something because this place is SOOOOO romantic. But I'll talk more about the hotel later.

The Bus Trip

After sleeping in, Angela, Nuffer, and I got up at 5:15, gathered our things together and headed to the stadium. And we paid for being late. Since I was sick I was hoping to have a seat to myself so I could sleep. But alas, I was sharing a seat, a seat with Malicious, a malicious tuba player who likes to hang around the guard.

Ugh.

But we made do and I was able to get some sleep on the bus.

Other than that, the ride was pretty uneventful. I mostly just watched movies and kept myself drugged up on Advil Cold And Sinus.

The Hotel Room

The room is actually a bungalow with a patio. WHAT!!! And 15 feet away from the door is a lake. DOUBLE WHAT!!

Inside is a large room painted a warm yellow with African-inspired art. There's a flat screen TV and a stereo for an ipod. We use that stereo a lot. For dance parties. And we've had like 5 in the past 12 hours.

One of those dance parties was more a dance exhibition from my roommate and captain. When we were musing about new costumes for the colorguard, a (great) idea was thrown out that we should wear gold spandex and wrap a bow around our chests, thus looking like a present. Adorable, right? Well, when we turned on Mariah Carey's "All I Want For Christmas is You", my captain flung open the door wearing gold spandex and a cranberry bow and proceeded to dance for us. This was complete with body rolls, booty shakes and an awkward "Santa's lap" moment.

And who says that my life isn't interesting?









No comments:

Post a Comment