12/14/12

Thoughts on a Nasty Cold

You know that part in the movie Hitch, where Hitch has an allergic reaction and his face gets all puffy?

That's how I feel right now. Like my face is one big puffy mess. But luckily, in reality, I look just fine. And thank goodness for chambray-- it's super comfortable and I still look trendy.


I don't look like I'm sick right? Excuse the lack of makeup.


And really, a crazy cold isn't all that bad. It's just the combination of moving out, trying to get to Arizona, and crazy snowstorms that kind of pushed me over the edge.

But this sickness does have some perks. I get to spend a few extra days with my best friend before not seeing her for 18+ months. I have a bed to sleep in. And honestly, this sickness is nothing when compared to the malady that struck our country today.

Because children being gunned down is probably the worst thing ever.

My heart goes out to the survivors and the victims' families. Although I am not yet a mother, I have often tried to imagine what it would feel like to lose a child. And it felt terrible. And I know that the feeling must be 100 times worst than what I felt in my inexperienced imagination.

May they find peace.



No comments:

Post a Comment