3/26/13

2 Months

Yeah, I've been in Hong Kong for two months!!

Can you believe it?

Cause I can't.

These past two months have been wonderful. I have had so many new experiences, made so many new friends, and tried so many new foods. I have been to four new countries and I'm adding two more on Friday. I have learned so much about myself--what I can take, what I need to improve, and what I want for my future. It's exciting and oh so scary.

I've been introduced to a whole new world of options. And it's hard to make a decision of which path is the right one for me. It has been a trial of my faith and my patience. I am learning how to rely on my Heavenly Father because he is all I can rely on. The more I am here, the more I realize how inadequate my ways and my plans are. His plan for me is so much better and wonderful than any plan I could have for myself. I can only do so much, but with God I can do all things.

And I keep reminding myself that, even though I'm watching my friends leave on missions and get married while I have no mission, no boyfriend, no summer job prospects, and basically no idea on what to do in life at a time when I really need to figure that out (graduating in a year!!).

But then I remember that I live in Hong Kong and that my present is super amazing. I am such a lucky punk. I have so much to thank Heavenly Father for every day. So I would like to share what I am grateful for with you.

  • I am grateful that everyday I open my dorm room door to see the ocean. (And if I wake up early enough I can see the sunrise, which is the best view ever)
  • I am grateful for elevators, BYU needs to install one on South Campus.
  • I am grateful for FaceTime because it allows me to talk to my family.
  • I am grateful for technology in general.
  • I am grateful (most of the time) that I don't have a smartphone. I like not always being connected to the internet and social media and distractions and whatnot.
  • I am grateful for public transportation. I just can't get over how efficient it is here. 
  • I am grateful for my friends here. I am so lucky that Heavenly Father guided me to them.
  • I am grateful that I have met so many fabulous women here. Honestly, every week at church I meet another fantastic individual who I want to be like when I grow up. 
  • I am grateful that it takes me an hour to get to church. It requires me to make a honest decision and effort to go to church.
  • I am grateful for missionaries. Bothering them is one my new favorite hobbies. 
  • And most of all, I am grateful for my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for His love and patience with a soul so rebellious and proud as mine.
Sorry for the more serious, picture-lacking post. Don't worry, there will be plenty of pictures with tomorrow's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment