3/21/13

A Slower Pace of Life

So my life has been pretty mundane recently. The first round of midterms are over; the second round starts next week. I'm saving up my funds for a week in Thailand.

And all this means is that I don't leave campus that often. Pretty much only on the weekends.

I do still have adventures, just a bit more nerdier ones. Like exploring the HKUST library and therefore finding better, quieter places to study than the Learning Commons (like the BYU Periodicals or the No Shhh Zone). Because I now have to study--the downside of a study abroad.

And I'm taking a Bollywood dance class--and performing next week. Don't know how I signed up for that one. But now the UST student body can watch my awesome white-girl moves. Yeahhhhhh.

My diet usually consists of a lot of peanut butter, saltine crackers, and instant noodles since I'm saving up to splurge on riding an elephant and petting a tiger in Thailand. And I found an actually good place to eat on campus-- the Turkish kebab stand. Yes, I'm pretty sure the tall skinny guy at the register hates my guts (for what reason I suspect I shall never know), but the food is oh so tasty and fills me up. Much better than both of the school's cafeterias.

But one of the best things about my more normal life is rediscovering the awesomeness of Whose Line is It Anyway. Watching a skit between taking Cornell notes for Consumer Behavior brings a smile to my face and the will to keep reading about low effort attitudes.

In fact, let me share one of their skits with you to brighten up your day!!



Love,

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment