3/28/13

Adventures with Huong

So this is way past due, but school's been crazy and really I should be studying for my quiz on Wednesday but my brain is pretty fried.

This is Huong.


She is from Vietnam and basically, she's awesome.

I had the special pleasure of hosting her while she visited Hong Kong for a women's conference.

The cool thing is that we never met until she was in my dorm room and I had returned from Taiwan.

It was one of those Mormon network stories. Huong had served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Cambodia where she was mission companions with a girl who lives on my block at home. She was trying to help Huong find a place to stay. But one day, my mom talked to her mom about it, my mom talked to me, I talked to the girl in my neighborhood, and a few weeks later, I was playing tour guide. 

And it was really fun.

Together we did the sights of Hong Kong.

We took a bus up to Victoria's Peak (the cool way to do it, the tram is so overrated). We ate at a restaurant Anthony Bourdain went to. We had dim sum. We went to the Chi Lin Nunnery. We saw the Temple. We talked to missionaries. We hung out around Mong Kok. We did the Temple Night Market. We watched the sun set at TST.









But the best part about that whole week was Huong herself. I am so lucky to know her. She is such a humble, sweet, gracious person. Definitely a great example for me to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment