4/15/13

Reliving the King and I at the Grand Palace

I love musicals.

And anytime real life mingles with the world of song and dance is a happy moment.

So when I got to visit the Grand Palace in Bangkok, the setting of Oscar and Hammerstein's The King and I, I was pretty darn excited.


Courtesy of Thomas Lee
Doesn't it make you want to spontaneously sing "Getting to Know You"?

Courtesy of Thomas Lee


Ran into other UST students at the Grand Palace! What a crazy random happenstance!





The detail of all the buildings in the Temple Complex were so complicated and intricate.


Look! Angkor Wat in Thailand!! 




Courtesy of Thomas Lee



High School Musical Thailand style!!


The Temple of the Emerald Buddha, one of the most important Buddhist relics in Thailand.



The Grand Palace itself reminds me so much of France, especially the Garnier Opera House.



No comments:

Post a Comment