4/22/13

Wat the Po?!!

There's nothing like celebrating the resurrection of the Savior by hanging out with Buddha. A little mixed-up? I know. 

But when the group got separated at the Chatuchak Weekend Market, Agnes and I decided that what we really wanted to do that day was go visit Wat Pho (or Po), the really pretty temple next to the Grand Palace that we saw the day before.

So after a ride on the skytrain and a taxi ride reminiscent of Fast and Furious, we arrived at the temple.


Wat Po is one of Bangkok's oldest temples. It is dedicated to the art of relaxing, starting one of the first thai massage schools in Thailand. 


Wat Po is also known for having the most images of Buddha in all of Thailand, over 1000.



Wat Po is also famous for housing the world's largest reclining Buddha, which, at first, didn't seem that cool to me until I saw it in real life. That is one big Buddha!









The cat that just couldn't leave me alone. It just wanted some love. A lot of love.


That one time a baby monk talked to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment