2/7/13

HK Moments

So there are always little things that are happening in my life that I want to share with people, but it's too small to write a post about it. So I am starting HK Moments, where I share the little treasures of my exchange student life.


  • While giving a voice lesson (random right?), I met a Chinese opera singer and a traditional Persian singer/dulcimer player. At HKUST. And they are having a concert in two weeks and invited me to come. So stoked!! I love Persian culture so much!!
  • Watched an old man slide down the road to campus in his wheelchair, then wished I could be cool and be in a wheelchair. And then I chastised myself for thinking such a thought. I should be grateful for my legs, eh?
  • Getting hit on my an Indian man after getting my Chinese Visa. 
  • Student Union parties are intense. There were people being thrown around and games being played...but everyone was speaking Canto. So the poor white kids huddled in a corner wondering what the heck we went to. It was an experience.
  • A fly in my soup. 
  • It is almost a custom that whenever two white person cross paths, they check each other out. Not in a "How you doin'?" way, more like a "Whoa, another white person!" way. It's entertaining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment