2/26/13

One Month in Hong Kong

I can't believe it has already been a month. I should be celebrating this anniversary with a night on the town. But alas, I am already in the throngs of school projects so I am staying on campus. But I do resolve to renew a passion for exercise because although Hong Kong food is ah-mazing, it is not so good for my pants. Good thing the gym here is a dozen times better than the one at BYU.

But I digress.

I'm finding it really hard to put into words a culmination of everything that has happened to me in the past month. The best way to put it is that there is no other place I would rather be. This was the right choice for me. I am learning and growing and progressing which is all I could really ask for. I am meeting people from all over the world. I am slowly learning both Mandarin and Cantonese.

Basically, it's awesome.

Maybe an easier way to explain the past month is a list of what I have come to love about Hong Kong.

Top 10 Things I Love About Hong Kong

10. Ice cream
I seriously have ice cream everyday here (thus why I am going to the gym tonight :)). There are so many different flavors and it's cheap!! Favorite Asian flavor so far? Black Sesame. Soooo good. The ice cream below is melon flavored.



9. Colorful Money
Spending is much more fun when you are paying with pink or blue or yellow currency.

8. Stylish Teachers
A good sense of fashion is a very attractive trait in my opinion and all my teachers dress well, especially the guys. It's a nice diversion in class.

7. Diversity
There are so many different people here from different countries, different religions, and different languages.

6. Cheaper Prices
Well, at least on Hong Kong products. American products are about the same or more.

5. HKUST
Especially on sunny days, HKUST is one of the prettiest campuses I have ever seen.



4. Nature
There are so many beautiful mountains and beaches. I do more hiking here than I ever did in Utah.



3. Ramen
So cheap and so good. And it's saving my food budget.

2. Transportation
It is so efficient and safe. I have no qualms about traveling around the city by myself.

1. City-life
I am addicted to the energy of this place. There is always something going on. There is always a new place to explore. The city is full of wonders and I love discovering it bit by bit.



But of course, I still do love my home country.

What I miss about the US of A:
  1. Grocery Shopping
  2. Hulu
  3. Dr. Pepper
  4. Pesto

No comments:

Post a Comment