1/28/13

10 First Impressions from Hong Kong

So I am dreadfully sorry for the lack of pictures for a while. I am experiencing some major problems connecting to the internet here and honestly, it's about to drive me mad. So I have to use the school's computers, which means I can't load my pictures yet.

But I'm in HONG KONG!!!

Here are my 10 first impressions from the 3 days I been in Hong Kong.

10. The birds are super cool here. They are very colorful and bright.

9. Cantonese is the hardest language ever!! Every time Nate tries to teach me some Cantonese, I want to cry. Meanwhile, Mandarin is pretty easy to pick up. I should go to China soon to practice.

8. There are malls everywhere. Like one on every block. It's crazy. No wonder they call Hong Kong a shopper's paradise.

7. Exchange students love their drinking. I see myself spending a lot of time in bars during the next 4 months. Good thing bars offer non-alcoholic drinks too.

6. The buildings are SOOO tall!! Especially the residential areas. A lot of those building are at least 50 stories tall.

5. There is so much nature. It's really a cool juxtaposition. You'll be in the middle of a bustling city center with high rises and malls and restaurants. Then, 15 minutes away, you'll be in a jungle. Lots of good hiking, I'm actually going to hike the Dragon's back today. Post will be up soon.

4. Asian food in Asia is really different than Asian food in America. I mean, everyone told me that, but I eat a bit more authentic Asian food anyway so I thought I would be prepared. But I've been really surprised with how different the food is from what I thought it was going to be. Luckily, it's still delicious!

3. The metro is really quick and easy to navigate. And it even has a British voice telling riders to "mind the gap"! Totes adorbs!

2. Asians everywhere!! I now know what it feels like to be in the minority.

1. The OCEAN!!! My room looks out over the ocean and I can watch sail boats float by. Also, it takes about 2 minutes to walk to the beach. Best location ever? Pretty darn close!

No comments:

Post a Comment