1/22/13

Adventure X: My Last American Saturday

Sometimes things don't always go according to plan.

But that's okay.

That just opens the door for adventure.

And it was an adventure that Taylor and I had.

The original plan was to go to MacAlpines in Phoenix for some ice cream and soda. But when we arrived, the wait was about an hour. And as cute as the place was (it was part ice cream shop/ part antique store) and as delicious as ice cream is, it wasn't worth an hour wait.

So that plan was aborted and Tay and I scrambled for a new plan. I then remembered that there was a Japanese garden in the middle of downtown Phoenix. And on our way to the Japanese garden, we stumbled upon some awesome street art.






And at last, we made it to the garden to find that there was an admission price. Paying money to look at plants? Not for this girl. So once again, we were without a plan.

So we headed back to Mesa, but decided to stop at Papago Park. It was a marvelous idea.


I finally got to be close to the hole in the rock!! You see, it's this big hole...well, it explains itself. But I have been looking at that hole for years, thinking it was uber cool. So I was pretty psyched to be so close, like jumping up and down psyched. And I wanted to kick myself for not wearing tennis shoes so I could hike it. 

So instead, we hiked to Governor Hunt's Tomb. I have also been looking at Hunt's tomb for a long time. It's a white pyramid on a mountain, how sweet is that? So I always used it as a landmark of sorts. A landmark for home. But I never knew you could actually hike to it!!! Once again, I was super psyched. 



And the best part is, the tomb overlooks the Phoenix Zoo. So basically, I got to watch mountain goats, African cattle, tigers, ostriches, and giraffes...FOR FREE!!!!

It doesn't get much better than that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment