1/3/13

Adventure 2: A Long Walk

Sometimes things just don't go according to plan. Today, I planned to visit the Musical Instrument Museum with my sister. I've heard lots of good things about this museum and well, it's a musical instrument museum! How quirky is that!

But it was New Year's so I didn't wake up until 10. And Brooke didn't wake up until noon. And Brooke takes about 5 million years to get ready (more like 2 hours) so by the time we were ready to go, we would have had like 45 minutes until the museum closes. And 45 minutes looking at musical instruments is NOT a good use of 18 dollars.

So my plans were kind of botched for the day.

But my mother and I did go outside to enjoy the precious Arizona winter sun while taking a walk. We even deviated from our usual neighborhood route and instead walked along the canal.

Sidenote: For those Non-Mesaites, Mesa has a series of canals throughout the city for irrigation purposes. Supposedly, these canals were originally dug up by the Hohokam Indians and then dug up again by the Mormon pioneers. To read more about this, click here.

And we walked all the way to McKellips, a distance I had never reached before (which is kind of sad because McKellips is not very far away from my house). And we checked out our neighbors' backyards and saw strange little birds and discussed my dislike of high school reunion moments (still a irked about the night before).

And it was nice, if not a little boring.

But I'm sure there will be adventures that will make up for that.

1 comment:

  1. Aaron and I have been to the MIM! We loved it! If you get a chance to go, definitely try out the thermamin in the area where you can play instruments. So cool.

    ReplyDelete