1/24/13

Thoughts from LAX

So today, it kicked in that I'm moving to Hong Kong. Part of me is in awe of myself. I'm all like "Gracious, this girl's got guts." But then there's the other part that thinks I'm downright crazy to move to a country where I don't speak the language and there's no "Get out of jail free" card. I'm moving to Hong Kong, and I'm stuck there for 4 months, whether I like it or not. 

And that's a little scary.

The flight from Phoenix to LAX was good. I was SOOO tired, but couldn't really sleep on the flight. But I realized (or appreciated) how awesome flight is. Here I was, flying thousands of feet in the air, traveling at hundreds of miles per hour. It reminded me of my friend, Allison, who would say, whenever there was something amazing and awesome, would say, "This is witchcraft." And basically, this is witchcraft. Especially the part where the plane flew over the ocean, turned around, and descended to airport, right off the ocean. I was so nervous. The water just kept getting closer and closer. Witchcraft. 

I'm waiting in front of my gate and it's definitely different. I think there are about 5 white people waiting to board. Just getting used to being the minority. :)

The Korean Air flight attendants are the cutest things I've ever seen. The sky blue and cream suits with scarves are just adorable. So terribly jealous that I wasn't born Asian. 

Well, I am dead beat tired, so I am going to relax and get ready for my 13 hour flight!! Yes, I'm expecting major sympathy.

So ciao!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment