1/14/13

T-10 days


10 more days.

We’re almost to the single digits.

And it doesn’t seem real.

Sometimes I am soooo excited, I just want to jump up and scream with joy. I’m moving to HONG KONG!! How cool is that? I get to be in Asia. I am going to meet people from around the world. YEAH!!

But other times, I am super scared. I mean, I moving to the other side of the world where I don’t know anyone, I don’t speak the language, and I’m going to stick out like a sore thumb because of my hair. 
And I’m pretty much fluctuating between the two. 

Meanwhile, I am currently doing an internship for a small start-up called Virtual Office. Just something to keep me busy while I’m home. And it is doing wonders (even though it was pretty much killed the 25 days of Mesa idea), because being home and not doing anything was kind of making me crazy. But now, I’m feeling my usual self coming back. Thank goodness!

The list of things to do before I leave is still pretty long, but luckily the most stressful thing (in my mind) is basically solved. Since I am living abroad for an extended amount of time, it is required by both BYU and HKUST that I have health and travel insurance. But both schools offer their own insurance. I got my insurance through BYU since it was easier doing it at home and I was sure the BYU insurance covered everything HKUST required. But I was wrong. And I found out with 2 weeks to go before I headed to Hong Kong. So I was a little stressed. But now I just buy the HKUST insurance and drop the BYU insurance and then everything will be okay. Whew!

The HKUST Exchange Student Facebook page is up and running and it has been fun conversing with my fellow future exchange students. There are kids from all over the world who all want to do awesome things. I can’t wait to meet these people in person.

And I will keep you posted as the days countdown to HONG KONG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment