1/1/13

Adventure 1: Castles and Coasters

Happy 2013 everyone!!

So yesterday I had my first adventure. There was a three-stake Young Single Adults party at Castles and Coasters last night to ring in the new year. And my pal Taylor invited me. I was super excited. The last time I went to Castles and Coasters, I was with my high school band and I laughed my head off and messed around with my band pals Whitney, Maddie, Kevin, and Tyler. It was one of the highlights of 2010.

And I'm a little bit of an amusement park junkie, even when that amusement park is old and ghetto.

And there were fun moments. I rode a pig on the merry-go-round. Took a picture with a rugged pirate. Got squished on the musical circle ride (that went BACKWARDS!!).






But I was also pretty bored. Supposedly over 3000 YSA guys and gals attended the event meaning that lines were ridiculously long. So no Desert Storm for me (That's the biggest roller coaster they have at Castles and Coasters, it's got a loop). And the whole event was just a little too reminiscent of a high school reunion. Too many people that I haven't talked to in three years and feel awkward talking to because of previous clause.

So when we counted down to midnight, I was darn ready to say goodbye to 2012. And then 2013 started and I was going to enjoy it by going on the pirate ship ride. And it was while I was waiting in line that my luck began to change. Because I happened to run into Cumorah, my fellow BYU guard sister. IN ARIZONA!!!! At a random amusement park. Basically, I was psyched. So Cumorah, her sister, and I chatted and rode the awesome pirate ship ride (complete with hilarious black ride commentator).

Just seeing Cumorah brightened up my day. Cause I was missing Provo pretty badly and here was someone from that part of my life. Who knows me as I am now, not from when I was seventeen.

After Cumorah and I went our separate ways, I headed to the dance floor with Taylor and Barclay. Then I probably embarrassed them with my semi-obnoxious dancing. But I was dancing which made me super duper happy.

So that was my first adventure. Next, a very long walk on paths I've never traveled before.

No comments:

Post a Comment